• Develop and obtain patents for both design and utility of our product
• Ensure our product is made of the best possible material for durability
• Create strategic partnerships with athletes to educate hockey players in facial protection
• Being compliant with as many hockey leagues standards of protection (for players over 18 years old)
• Drive our sales directly to consumers via online platforms by using social media and advertisement
• Make full-face protection a trend among professional hockey players
• Influence young players to better protect themselves while playing the game we all love
WARGATE Shield is a new face protection accessory for hockey players. The company has Loïc Labrosse-Girard and Dominic Daigle as it’s owners, who will act respectively as President and Vice-President.
We have developed a unique and innovative visor add-on for the hockey helmet to protect the lower part of the face. The concept is simple: a metal grid composed of metal wires shaped to descend from each side of the helmet down to the lower face in an oval half-cage fashion to protect the chin, teeth and jaw, but also to stop any sticks going up under the visor into the eye.
Our product, WARGATE Shield, will enable players to play with the best visibility on the market while having the most protection. Not only is our product convenient, light and comfortable, but it gives a full-face protection when added to the visor. WARGATE Shield is fixed directly onto the helmet on each side of the temple using the same bolts as the visor. Thus, any impact is absorbed by the helmet.
Our goal is to prevent eye, jaw, teeth and nose injury for hockey players over 18 years old who wish to wear the visor. There are over 1,8 million hockey athletes in North America and yet most leagues only require players to wear a visor (which only protects half the face). The NHL made helmets mandatory in 1979 and only recently made visors mandatory in 2013… As the pace of the game increases, we are confident one day full-face protection will be mandatory in most hockey leagues.
The company to manufacture such facial protection that athletes can enjoy playing with will inevitably reach great success.
We are this company !
Dr. Michael Stuart
Chief medical officer of USA Hockey
“Full protection is better than partial protection and partial protection is better than no protection”